Removing a sub story and placing it in book 14 - editing and proof-reading book 12

 


While editing and reading through the finished first draft of Apocalypse at The Secondhand Bookworm last week I decided to transfer a sub storyline that runs through it, placing it over in book 14. This meant carefully removing all mention of it and all scenes relating to it throughout the whole book. It ended up being the transferal of about 14,000 words.

I'm very happy having done this as it means I have an additional theme for book 14 (Comic-Con at The Secondhand Bookworm) that can be hinted at in the next two books and also now the focus is sharply honed in on the End Times books from the Doomsday Compound and the arriving bookshop Armageddon.

Currently I am now reading through the whole manuscript once more before I send it through to my very kind proof-reader so that it is ready to share on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited.

Once Apocalypse at The Secondhand Bookworm (book 12 in the series) is finished and available to read, I shall continue working on book 13 - The Breakfast Club at The Secondhand Bookworm. This follows a week in the newly rebuilt interior of the bookshop as the diverse team organises stock and gets ready for the celebratory re-opening event at the weekend. But there's trouble afoot when Georgina is discovered to be missing and Troy is a main suspect. 

Currently this is the book cover:


I'm looking forward to visiting this one in my spare time so as to add it to the growing series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get ready for the Apocalypse at The Secondhand Bookworm - new book coming soon!

THIS WEEKEND - Free KINDLE SUMMER book - Summer at the Secondhand Bookworm

A trip to Badgers Books, Worthing and some resources