Uniforms in the bookshop - The Secondhand Bookworm series of novels


This is the lovely uniform I wore in the magnificent Kim's bookshop where I helped to run two-three antiquarian and secondhand bookshops in Sussex, England for ten years (the uniform endeavour only lased a year).

Although I am no longer in the book trade business (I'm in the film production business now) I enjoy writing a series of novels loosely based upon my experiences there under the series 'The Secondhand Bookworm' available worldwide through Amazon kindle, kindleunlimited and in paperback.

I introduced uniforms in the series in the last couple of books. First we started out with hideous bright t-shirts. Fortunately the managerial staff (me included) were able to upgrade to nice blouses, but we soon all got fed up with them. So I have included this in the novels.

We had fleeces too (you can see one hanging up in the background) and they remained for emergencies when the door was left open (which happened a lot).

It's June and I'm working on book 7 in the series of novels.
It is called 'Book Club at The Secondhand Bookworm' and while it follows along nicely each novel can be enjoyed alone.

I'm looking forward to writing more and have plenty planned for good, clean fun at The Secondhand Bookworm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get ready for the Apocalypse at The Secondhand Bookworm - new book coming soon!

THIS WEEKEND - Free KINDLE SUMMER book - Summer at the Secondhand Bookworm

A trip to Badgers Books, Worthing and some resources