A week of publishing the second editions - The Duke of Cole - bookshop series of novels

This week, to kick off February 2019, I shall be uploading NEW second editions of my six books in my 'The Secondhand Bookworm' series.

After a lot of thought I decided to go for it and change the title of one of my main characters. The Duke of Sussex was written about ten years ago into my bookworm series of novels (loosely based upon my ten years of book-selling) and since the Queen bestowed the title upon Prince Harry it has ruined my hobby writing and fantasy. So I have taken the plunge and gone through all six of my novels to replace the Duke of Sussex with the Duke of Cole.

Why 'Cole'?

The County of Cole on the south coast of England doesn't exist in real life. But it now exists in my novels. And it has actually lifted my series up in my mind into a better place. Castletown is situated in Cole and the Duke of Cole is gradually introduced, moves into his newly built castle and becomes a regular in the series.


I actually worked on the history/legend of Old King Cole while producing a film about Saint Helen and the True Cross for Mary's Dowry Productions. I enjoyed the research and like that the history is vague, a little like King Arthur. So, the Duke of Cole is a much better title for my character. Also, I have changed the county that the novels are set in from Sussex to the county of Cole on the south coast of England. There's a Cole County in the USA but not the County of Cole in the UK.

I probably could have come up with a more imaginative, old Saxon, Old English name but I settled on something simple. So my bookshop series are now currently being published on Kindle and in paperback this week and I'm looking forward to having it fresh and sorted out as I continue writing book seven which will be released soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get ready for the Apocalypse at The Secondhand Bookworm - new book coming soon!

THIS WEEKEND - Free KINDLE SUMMER book - Summer at the Secondhand Bookworm

A trip to Badgers Books, Worthing and some resources