Tuesday Book Thoughts - a whole bookshop series updated

I have completed updating all six volumes (so far) in my bookshop series of novels - The Secondhand Bookworm - which are set in an eccentric English used and antiquarian bookshop in the fictional county of Cole on the South Coast of England. I originally began my series a decade ago for my work colleagues based upon our daily book-selling adventures. The series has grown and I am presently writing book 7 (Book Club at The Secondhand Bookworm).

To celebrate refreshing and updating the series (see previous post for more details) I have organised to make one of the books available to purchase for free on Kindle between Friday 8th February to Sunday 10th February. I have chosen 'Christmas at The Secondhand Bookworm' for this promotion.


Although not my favourite in the series (because I really love my Halloween (book 5) and Black Friday (book 6) installments), I do absolutely love re-reading this. Its set during a very snowy week in the town and one of my now current regulars, the Duke of Cole, is introduced to my main character for the first time.

I orginally called him the Duke of Sussex, but when the Queen bestowed that title on Prince Harry a few years later I have been contemplating changing my Duke's title to a completely fictional one (it was almost fictional when I chose it as there had not been a Duke of Sussex in over 100 years).

So I have gone back over all six novels in the series to change the title and the county from Sussex to Cole (see previous post). I'm super pleased and am happily writing away in my spare time on the next installment in the series.


Currently, all the books are priced at £1.99 for Kindle editions through Amazon. This is the lowest you are allowed to price them. I'd like people to read the series for an amusing, uplifting treat spent in my bookshop, so I hope making number three available for free this coming weekend will encourage readers.

Of course, they are free to read with Kindle Unlimited anyway if you are a member.

Looking forward to adding more fun to the series with upcoming novels soon!

Check out the Secondhand Bookworm series on Amazon today!

UK LINK

USA LINK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get ready for the Apocalypse at The Secondhand Bookworm - new book coming soon!

THIS WEEKEND - Free KINDLE SUMMER book - Summer at the Secondhand Bookworm

A trip to Badgers Books, Worthing and some resources