Christmas at the Secondhand Bookworm - a snowy week of bookselling

CHRISTMAS AT THE SECONDHAND BOOKWORM
Writing update - February 26th 2018


It's very difficult to write when you have flu! And it's frustrating to have to stop when you are on a roll and enjoying working on a novel. Hopefully I can get back to work on my third novel in my bookshop series as I'm feeling better this week.

I have almost finished chapter eight which sees my main character, Nora Jolly, tugging on a novelty Christmas hat on Thursday afternoon as she prepares to remain open for some book-selling by candlelight in Castletown. Her colleague Roger is as grumpy as usual and not impressed with Georgina offering him a Christmas turkey hat to wear. The snow is still lingering but Nora and Humphrey's snowman in the yard has almost melted. The Duke of Sussex is due to turn on the Christmas tree lights in the town square and Nora is keen to see him again, keeping her secret meeting with him in the bookshop quiet from the day before when he took advantage of the closed town after the heavy snowfall to get acquainted with the town and visit the only shop mad enough to be open - The Secondhand Bookworm.

With five chapters left until I complete Christmas at the Secondhand Bookworm, I'm pleased there's actually real snowfall expected this week on the South coast of England. It'll help with the atmosphere of my writing as I linger in the festive Season for book three in my bookshop series of novels. I'm keen to get my teeth into the last few chapters as the staff of the Secondhand Bookworm have their Christmas staff meal and then there's the opening night of the Jolly Theatre which promises to be a bookworm affair to conclude the novel.

Meanwhile, books one and two are available to read on Kindle and in paperback through Amazon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get ready for the Apocalypse at The Secondhand Bookworm - new book coming soon!

THIS WEEKEND - Free KINDLE SUMMER book - Summer at the Secondhand Bookworm

A trip to Badgers Books, Worthing and some resources